This project aims to fire up our creative spirit, make the learner’s experience as meaningful as possible (and therefore maximise the learning potential) and give joy to our hearts.
Arts and crafts projects are more than simply creating something useful or beautiful; learners benefit in a variety of ways some of which you may find very surprising:
- stimulation of social learning and communication skills in group projects
- improvement of co-ordination and gross and fine motor skills
- faster learning development through increased awareness of surroundings
- improved use of perceptual skills and response to stimulation
- increased awareness of different senses such as touch, sound, sight and smell
Art emphasises ideas, feelings, and visual qualities.